Read the original words of more than 1,500 authors who made and analyzed American history through their speeches, writings, memoirs, poems, and interviews.
Britannica Educational Publishing: Social Studies
Gain a better understanding of our world: its people, its cultures, and its history.
- A History of Western Civilization
- African American History and Culture
- America at War
- Ancient Civilizations
- Documenting America: The Primary Source Documents of a Nation
- Economics: Taking the Mystery out of Money
- Governance: Power, Politics, & Participation
- Impact on America: Collective Biographies
- Inside Sports
- Middle East: Region in Transition
- Native American Tribes
- Pivotal Presidents: Profiles in Leadership
- Popular Music Through the Decades
- The Britannica Guide to Africa
- The Britannica Guide to Ancient Civilizations
- The Britannica Guide to Ethics
- The Britannica Guide to Religion
- The Britannica Guide to the World’s Most Influential People
- The Britannica Guide to War
- The History of Philosophy
- The Islamic World
- The Native American Sourcebook
- The Renaissance
- The World of Sports
- Transportation and Society
- Turning Points in History
- U.S. Government: The Separation of Powers
- Understanding China
- Understanding India
Learn Social Studies with Britannica, from geography and history to current events, government, and famous people.
Britannica Kids apps cover social studies topics that include Ancient Eqypt, Ancient Rome, Aztec Empire, Knights & Castles, and U.S. Presidents.
Designed for ages 4 to 7, Learning Zone provides age-appropriate, play-based activities that teach colors, geography, numbers, shapes, sounds, time, and words.
Ideal for the classroom or library, Britannica’s Student Atlas provides vivid and detailed geographical information that is ideal for daily lessons, school projects, and homework.
The Britannica World Atlas gives a complete picture of our 21st-century world with clarity, detail, and precision.
This rich trove of current and historical statistics on the countries of the world makes historical and cross-national comparisons easy.