The Britannica Book of the Year serves as a great reference source for the latest news on the ever-changing populations, governments, and economies throughout the world.
Britannica Educational Publishing: Science
Students can explore how science is part of their everyday lives, with titles such as:
- 21st Century Science
- An Explorer’s Guide to the Universe
- Biochemistry, Cells, and Life
- Computing & Connecting in the 21st Century
- Dynamic Earth
- Energy: Past, Present, and Future
- Food and Society
- Geology: Landforms, Minerals, and Rocks
- Health and Disease in Society
- Introduction to Biology
- Introduction to Earth Science
Britannica Educational Publishing: Social Studies
Gain a better understanding of our world: its people, its cultures, and its history.
- A History of Western Civilization
- African American History and Culture
- America at War
- Ancient Civilizations
- Documenting America: The Primary Source Documents of a Nation
- Economics: Taking the Mystery out of Money
- Governance: Power, Politics, & Participation
- Impact on America: Collective Biographies
- Inside Sports
- Middle East: Region in Transition
- Native American Tribes
- Pivotal Presidents: Profiles in Leadership
- Popular Music Through the Decades
- The Britannica Guide to Africa
- The Britannica Guide to Ancient Civilizations
- The Britannica Guide to Ethics
- The Britannica Guide to Religion
- The Britannica Guide to the World’s Most Influential People
- The Britannica Guide to War
- The History of Philosophy
- The Islamic World
- The Native American Sourcebook
- The Renaissance
- The World of Sports
- Transportation and Society
- Turning Points in History
- U.S. Government: The Separation of Powers
- Understanding China
- Understanding India
Entertaining and informative, Britannica Student Encyclopedia helps children in grades 3 to 8 gain a better understanding of their world.
Tied to National Curriculum Standards, Compton’s can easily be incorporated into lesson plans and used by ages 10 -17 for projects and homework assignments.
The Elements is an eye-opening, original collection of never-before-seen photographic representations of the 118 elements in the periodic table, plus detailed data on the properties of each element.
Native speakers and students of foreign language will find trusted reference in the French-language Encyclopædia Universalis, the Spanish-language Gran Enciclopedia Planeta, the Merriam-Webster’s Compact 5-Language Visual Dictionary, and the Merriam-Webster Spanish-English Visual Dictionary.
The Britannica Illustrated Science Library is a visually compelling set that covers earth science, life science, and physical science in 18 volumes.
Build vocabulary skills with the First Dictionary for K-2, Elementary Dictionary for grades 3-5, Intermediate Dictionary for grades 6-8, and the Visual Dictionary for grades 5 and up. High school students will turn to the All-in-One Dictionary & Thesaurus, Compact Visual Dictionary, Essential Learner’s Dictionary, School Dictionary, and School Thesaurus.
Educators and students will welcome the tips found in these step-by-step curriculum-correlated guides that teach the basics of conducting research.
Ideal for the classroom or library, Britannica’s Student Atlas provides vivid and detailed geographical information that is perfect for daily lessons, school projects, and homework.
The Britannica World Atlas gives a complete picture of our 21st-century world with clarity, detail, and precision.