- MiC Customers: Visit our Professional Development page for free training and workshop information plus promotional, training, and classroom materials.
Mathematics in Context
Rally for the Real World! Prepare Students for Math Understanding Beyond the Classroom
Britannica’s research-based middle grades mathematics curriculum actively engages students in solving real-world math problems using representational models, multiple strategies, and an approach that produces results! Recently updated to completely align to the Common Core, Mathematics in Context (MiC) is a standards-based, NSF-funded curriculum that is available in pdf, print, and an interactive digital format. Its modular design and embedded science context make MiC perfect for any STEM program or as a math supplement.
Real-World Contexts Align to the Common Core
Making change, baking brownies, or calculating the odds of winning—MiC builds critical thinking skills to provide the perfect foundation for Algebra.
Use as Core Curriculum or a Supplemental Resource
With its modular design and recommendations for differentiation, all formats can be used in instructional and enrichment settings, including with English-Language Learners.
Awards And Accolades
See what other educators are saying about MiC:
- The Accessibility of MiC
- MiC Motivates Students
- No Higher Praise
- Proportional Reasoning and MiC
- An “Aha” Moment with the Pythagorean Theorem and MiC
Common Core Practice Standards
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.