- Subscribers: Visit our Professional Development page to learn about free webinar training, private webinars, and face-to-face workshops.
Coverage of Core Subjects and Current Events in Britannica’s New Nonfiction Titles
Visit www.ebooks.eb.com to get started!
Cross-Curricular Support for the Common Core
Improve reading comprehension with progressively challenging informational texts in Britannica’s e-books collection—with hundreds of new titles released each year. Nonfiction texts are available for art, early childhood, language arts, math, science, social studies, and other school subjects. Great for everyday classroom use, in after-school programs and summer school, or for homework help.
Full Content Ownership
Purchase a Britannica e-book and your school or library owns perpetual access to that e-book—there are no ongoing annual subscription fees.
Britannica’s Free E-Stax™ Platform Promotes Efficient and Effective Use of E-Books
With E-Stax, your users can access titles 24/7 from any Internet-connected computer or tablet, online or via download to your device. The platform also provides free MARC records, citations, social/ sharing options, and the ability to take notes, bookmark, highlight, and save.
Awards And Accolades
“These are awesome for smartboards, research projects, reports…I see endless uses for Britannica e-books!”
—Educator, Alabama Virtual Library
Common Core Standards
- Read and comprehend informational texts with increasing complexity.
- Provide challenging informational texts in a range of subjects.
- Build academic and domain-specific vocabulary.
- Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects.
- Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources.
- Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare.
- Compare and contrast one author’s presentation of events with that of another.